About the Trail
|Starting at the cafe/gallery, the Dennes Point Heritage Trail leads visitors on a short walk to Kelly’s Point, the northern-most tip of Bruny Island. The Trail takes in some of the most heritage-rich and fascinating places in North Bruny Island.
Fifteen panels have been installed along the walkway, providing information about these heritage values, including:
Follow the links to do a virtual tour online, read the panel texts and access more information (via “Start Tour”), or download the audio to listen as you walk or anytime (click “Audio Download”).
Walking the Dennes Point Heritage Trail
Navigate directly to any of the panels via the links below.
- Panel 1 – An ancient people of windblown plains
- Panel 2 – Rising seas and resourceful mariners
- Panel 3 – My.de.weon.ny.pine.ne – a major meeting place
- Panel 4 – Europeans come to Bottom Lagoon
- Panel 5 – Geographers, naturalists, revolution and wonder
- Panel 6 – Who is James Kelly?
- Panel 7 – Cape Get-out Farm
- Panel 8 – Mysterious John Merrison
- Panel 9 – Nature’s Breakwater
- Panel 10 – Whaling
- Panel 11 – The Meeting of Arra-maïda and Péron
- Panel 12 – Getting to and from an island
- Panel 13 – Policing the coast
- Panel 14 – Discovering the Channel
Birders – click here for a Dennes Point Bird List!